The Associate Account Manager – Paid Search (SEM) is a junior-level position with a variety of production responsibilities. In this role, you will be responsible for high quality execution of Paid Search activities, all contributing to the successful management of our client’s business objectives. The position requires familiarity with Paid Search Marketing (SEM) and a core set of skills for success, specifically Excel mastery, project and time management, strong written and verbal communication skills, self-drive to learn, and a desire to learn and grow within the digital marketing space. The role is dynamic, in that you will work across multiple work-streams, client(s), and Search tasks.
A successful person in this role is smart, intellectually curious, ambitious, willing to roll-up their sleeves, and won’t stop until the goal is achieved. We’re seeking intelligent and inquisitive people who can passionately represent Brunner, develop the strategy behind category defining Search programs, ensure superior service delivery to our clients and engage in a manner that ensures a trusting and lasting relationship.
Search Campaign Management
- Perform day-to-day campaign activities for Paid Search (SEM) campaigns. Specific Search tasks will include, but not be limited to performing keyword research, writing ad copy, developing search traffic estimates, segmenting keywords into campaign structures and aligning them based on business goals, optimizing content, performing SEO site analysis, performing linking research, and contributing to the technical consulting needs of our client’s program
- Act as a secondary point of contact for the client, internal departments, and third party providers; spearhead collaboration, facilitate discussions, planning, and project management
- Contribute to the development and execution of market strategies for Paid Search campaigns, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, and risk/benefit analysis; as well as analyzing results and developing actionable insights
- General Business tasks will include, but not be limited to: research (industry, client, competitive, etc.); campaign analysis; time/task management; project management; prioritization of activities to meet deadlines
Analysis, Thought Leadership & Communication
- Perform data manipulation and interpretation exercises, with Excel and proprietary tools; Experience with Excel is critical, in that you will frequently utilize various formulas and shortcuts to perform a variety of spreadsheet tasks with large and disparate data sets
- Employ analytical reasoning, data analysis, and problem solving skills to effectively and efficiently manage campaigns.
- Utilize business acumen to work closely with internal account and external client teams to identify and fully understand business needs, campaign performance objectives, and opportunities to grow the relationship
- Ability to professionally communicate findings to other internal account and external client team members, regardless of the medium (in person, PowerPoint, email, etc); Demonstrate thought leadership and professional communication skills by developing and delivering client facing materials, such as meeting recaps, presentations, point of views, business cases, and performance reports
Teamwork & Project Management
- Work comfortably in dynamic, time intensive environments where competing priorities are commonplace
- Must manage workflow and priorities across internal and client teams leveraging internal project management systems/tools
- Self manage execution of activities against deadlines across multiple work-streams; Provide proactive communication and effective time management skills
- Complete activities according to best practices, standard operations procedures, and team member guidance, consistently meeting high quality standards and striving to add value in each activity
- Day to day engagement, collaboration, and partnering with internal teams will be required
Qualifications & Required Experience:
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Business Experience
- 1-3 years of Paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM) experience, preferably on the Agency side
- Capable of successfully leading small to large-scale campaigns, spending between $100,000 - $2-5M+ annually, with limited oversight
- Experience beyond managing campaigns in Google + Bing a plus (i.e. GDN, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Mastery of Excel, including extensive data manipulation, along with tactical execution, including pivot tables, V/H Look-ups, concatenation, macros, etc.; Additional SEM software skills a plus (e.g. Tableau, Hitwise, etc.)
- Comprehensive data analysis and problem solving skills; able to draw conclusions and with guidance, you are able to devise strategic recommendations based on findings
- Well organized, able to balance client timelines and business needs across multiple clients
- Comfortable presenting to senior-level internal and client team contacts (in-person, via email, PowerPoint, etc) with your audience’s expectations and subject-matter knowledge in mind.
- Self-management of time, able to meet deadlines in time sensitive environment; High degree of personal accountability and attention to detail
- Commitment to constant learning, knowledge sharing, collaboration, and idea generation
- Desire to work in dynamic, time intensive environments where consistent fire drills and competing priorities are commonplace
- B.A./B.S. degree required; Marketing or Business preferred
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn through self-education, as well as structured training classes
We offer your full traditional benefits including: health, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer a matching 401K, commuter benefits, and flex funds for you to enjoy your life outside of work. Add to that a good deal of PTO, including half day summer Fridays and all the holiday time off you would expect. Oh yeah, and weekly happy hours of course.
We like everyone, so we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not consider your race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status when deciding to hire you. We just want you to be you.