The SEO Account Manager (SEO Specialist) is expected to demonstrate a solid understanding of SEO. This position requires the knowledge of SEO tools and processes, as well as the ability to effectively utilize these tools. This position also requires the ability to communicate and teach SEO concepts to new hires, other Brunner team members, and clients. Superior organizational and time management skills are imperative as work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict timelines and budgets is expected. The SEO Specialist must also possess a clear understanding of other Brunner services (i.e. content strategy, social media, web development, etc.) and how to utilize and leverage those services to improve SEO campaigns.
- Identify technical SEO problems, know proper tools to use for research and discovery, and be able to provide recommendations and solutions
- Exhibit a mastery of technical SEO topics surrounding crawling, indexation, and ranking signals, both on and off site
Creative and Content
- Development of client messaging and search marketing creative, including, but not limited to: keyword generation, page titles, meta descriptions, text ad copy creation and content development
- Manage and develop external engagement strategies through execution/usage of strategies including persona development, content creation, creative concept development, social media, engagement research, and outreach
Client Communication and Strategy
- Effectively identify and communicate topics, strategies, and tactics with clients on SEO and related marketing channels via e-mail, phone, or in-person
- Support and provide formal SEO trainings on SEO concepts and tools
- Assist in informal, hands-on training sessions on tools, SEO concepts, and client communication
- Support development of new processes, as well as refinement of existing SEO processes
- Manage and monitor SEO projects and deliverables with limited supervision
- Reporting: Extract insights from campaign data, identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
- Identify innovative and measurable solutions applying foundational SEO knowledge to help reach client goals
- Managing scope of client work, tracking timelines and client hours, execution and delivery of projects, and client communication.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience as an SEO Specialist or equivalent experience
- Advanced proficiency and clear understanding of metrics, their significance to SEO, and how to track meaningful data using the main tools and programs Brunner uses including:
- Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Coremetrics, etc.
- Google and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Keyword Research Tools: Google Adwords, Insights and client’s PPC data
- Experience working with SEO/SEM analytics platforms – i.e. MOZ, Raven Tools, BrightEdge, etc.
- Experience with SQL databases preferred
- Expert competency level in Excel
- Knowledge of FTP, HTML editing and CMSs
- Strategic and creative thinking – always focusing on innovative, but measurable client solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills – spoken, written, or visual – for internal teams and external client executives
- Pattern of success, taking initiative, and repeatability in supporting and handling of above responsibilities
Normal office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time including extensive use of PC equipment.
We offer your full traditional benefits including: health, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer a matching 401K, commuter benefits, and flex funds for you to enjoy your life outside of work. Add to that a good deal of PTO, including half day summer Fridays and all the holiday time off you would expect. Oh yeah, and weekly happy hours of course.
We like everyone, so we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not consider your race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status when deciding to hire you. We just want you to be you.